36 hours of Darkness before Flip Results

I have read many times about giving the plants 36 hours of darkness before transitioning to flower (switching your cycle from 18/6 to 12/12)

This is the first time I tried this wow I’m impressed so far!! These pictures are of day 16 of flower. Never have I had buds this big on day 16th.

Or is it just me?

11 Likes

Never heard of that technique but wow, looks like she’s gonna stack!

5 Likes

very interesting :thinking:…never heard of “phytochrome red” before and how an increase in red can help trigger flowering …seems to be working great on your grow :slight_smile: …i might try this on my current grow

4 Likes

Awesome. I may try it. I’m about two three weeks away. I can’t tell but with your experience you’re probably right about the bud size . I can tell you’re pleased with it.

2 Likes

I really like the results so far… For me they flowered around 2 weeks sooner than past grows… I’m not sure if the outcome will be any different but we will see in the coming weeks

1 Like

This is what I have coming. It looks like they sell replacement filters at the local Home Depot as well. Hope it is sufficient.
Express Water RO5DX Reverse Osmosis Filtration NSF Certified 5 Stage RO System with Faucet and Tank – Under Sink Water Plus 4 Filters – 50 GPD, 14 x 15 x 5, White Amazon.com

2 Likes

@Bobface86 My recommended tank pressure was around 7lbs. Completely empty of water. Make sure you check it before you fill. It’s a balance between pressure coming out to your water glass and also makes sure your tanks fill completely. I love mine. So much easier. I also bypassed my alkaline filter for straight RO. I have valves that I turn to bypass. Works great. If you’re interested I’d be happy to help. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Here is day 21 of flower.

7 Likes

Moving along from five days ago. Looks bright. I like the colors.

2 Likes

biggest buds I have seen @ Day 21.

Total tent 8 by 4 is pushing 1260 watts Led.

Colours seen to be going out early also

2 Likes

:fist_right:
Great results :clap:
Trying to work out if it could be done in my grobo but i doubt it :roll_eyes:!!

3 Likes

I did it in my gen 1 with no problems. My air pump is external and not reliant on the grobo for power. Just unplugged for 36 hours and powered back up

3 Likes

That would work the key is having the external air pump

1 Like

:fist_right:
Brill :+1:
My airpump IS external :wink:
Give it a go IF i run another grow
Still undecided :thinking:!:thinking:!..

2 Likes

Day 26!!!

10 Likes

Looking good. Amazing

3 Likes

Thanks!!

I enjoy experimenting to see what works best for me. Doesn’t always work out but I’m ok with that.

It’s early to call it but I feel this is the way to go as long as your plant is healthy before darkness. My gut tells me a plant that was already stressed giving it 36 hours of darkness with a big hormone swing could be alot of stress could lead into a problem. I have nothing to back any of this up besides my experiences and gut feelings

I’m really excited to see the turnout on this one. Hope I’m right

5 Likes

I agree. I’ve heard 50/50 about it. But like like any other time growing could be factors that help or not. Strain, temperature, humidity, nutrients, water types.

You have more than one strain in there? Looks like it. They’re acting the same with the growth?

2 Likes

I have 5 strains in there all the same results so far

3 Likes

Sheesh that’s gd to know :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes