Bricked Grobos and down servers

So now what do we do with these bricked Grobo’s, I suppose I could try and get into the brains, build alternate servers. What are you doing with yours?

3 Likes

Putting it back in the box :package: I got my money back. Maybe someone will buy it. I’m done with it. :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

I am using the web app to control them until my tent gets set up. Then I am likely pulling them apart. Although probably the only things I will salvage is the light and fans.

2 Likes

I have a Gen 1 and haven’t had any problems with it except for the app going down. Now using the website to control the grow. Noticed last night the grow light was still on after the scheduled off time. Manually adjusted light settings with the website and they turned off. This morning, the light did not turn on when scheduled. 40 days into this grow. This will be a PITA if I got to be the light timer

1 Like

Crazy. Try hard cycling it by unplugging and doing a restart. Yesterday I disconnected my WiFi because of technical difficulties. Went to the cable store. Gone about 30 minutes. Came back and when I walked in my grobo was still blue. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I was going to try that but first I want to scout out a place to put up my old tent, just in case. The plant is only up to the 2nd fan, so I could pull the reservoir cover and move it to a bucket like I saw someone on this forum do

1 Like

Mine is still working without any issues. I still have their nutes that I’ll use until they run out. Then I’ll disconnect the bottles and manually add my nutes as I do in the tent. I’m actually thinking of doing that and bypass the weak Grobo bottled nutes. I’ve had it exactly one year so it grows until it GOES. I am using the website-just placed it on my home screen on my phone and it works just as well.

I did my first tent grow and like it much better.

1 Like

I’m with ya on the tent :+1:t2::sunglasses::ok_hand:

1 Like

My experience was fill, empty & light schedules all messed up when connection to Grobo server weas lost. I previously had issues when using the app & Grobo support said it was because of Wi-Fi signal strength. When I sorted my internet connection everything kicked in so not sure how this is impacting things now. I had to hard reset my machine and now can’t reconnect to Wi-Fi through web interface, any creative ideas are much appreciated?? Or would most agree its not worth starting a new grow?

It will continue to work as long as the servers are running. Im going to keep going till then. After that Ill use the box in some way to keep growing.
There is more info on how to potentially take the Grobo offline and have it continue to operate on the Discord site.
But it is more work than it is worth - as long as the servers continue to work.

Mine two are now harvest boxes! very expensive harvest boxes :frowning:

3 Likes