Cloning to Save a Life?

Has anyone tried saving a plant from damping off by using cloning technique? I got a SexBud from Female Seeds that is propped up right now. Tried to do some leaf tucking during the water change this morning and she about flopped over. Got 29 days in (5 days into late veg) and I sure would hate to lose it :sob:

2 Likes

You mean you want to make a clone (to start a new plant)?

2 Likes

That’s also a possibility, but I was thinking of saving the entire plant by cutting above the bad portion of stem.

1 Like

I understand what your thinking now but I have never tried this before… I always started with new plants if I run into problems.

Sorry I don’t have a answer to this question.

1 Like

Thank you. I’d try doing a new plant cutting but I don’t think I have a branch that’s big enough. For now I’ll leave her propped and hope it limps through. I’ll keep a close eye and if there is any sign of her going south, the experiment will begin :eyes:

1 Like

Best you can do at this point is get a fan blowing on the rotten stem. I personally don’t have good results in recovering.

Keep us posted

1 Like

The SexBud looked kind of droopy a couple days ago so I chopped her. Made up 6 clones and trying 3 different rooting starters (Mammoth, Rapid Rooters, and coco pods). I’d like to return one to the Gen 1 and another to a Hydrobucket. Cuttings were no more than 3 inches total length. My first attempt at cloning :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Make sure you keep the humidity high 70% plus and light not to intense. Dome your tray to help, Probably someone else that could help more

2 Likes

Thanks :ok_hand: Got them domed and a 400W metal halide @ 18". SensorPush says 83% avg RH

3 Likes

Spray the leafs daily with water… 400W is alot of power for clones… I would cut the power back or raise the light

1 Like

Thanks :+1: Already transplanted. One in the Grobo, one in the tent

4 Likes