Cross Flow Fan Not Spinning Causing Light Shut Off

Gen 1 my plant just changed to Day 1 (Day 53) of flowering today and light randomly shut off. Removed carbon filter after quick freak out and Google search and see fan not spinning. Any ideas or help?

1 Like

I have a gen 2 and mine did the same thing. My intake fan isn’t sucking up air. My light came back on tho.

1 Like

Yeah my lights come back on for about 10 minutes then shut back off for another 15 smh :man_facepalming:t5: have no idea what to do. I’ve unplugged and plugged back in still nothing.

Definitely an overheat issue. Only thing that worked for me was taking off the wood top and blowing a small fan at the heatsink.

3 Likes

@FireGuy how did you remove the wood piece? Did that stop the shutoffs completely?

2 Likes

4 screws, but a while back. It did stop my shutdowns.

3 Likes

@FireGuy Got it. I’ll look for those screws and give it a try. Appreciate your feedback!

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, 2 up front, 2 in the back

3 Likes

@FireGuy You are a genius bro. Got the wood plate off and placed an AC Infinity cooling fan right on top of the light. No more cut offs :raised_hands:t5::pray:t5: Yeah Idk what I’d do without y’all keepin this goin

3 Likes

We live and we learn :wink:

3 Likes

Be careful, that heatsink gets CRAZY hot, so don’t rest anything directly on it.

3 Likes

@FireGuy No doubt! Found that out the hard way by touching it :sweat_smile: lol

3 Likes

I did the same thing :rofl:

2 Likes

Any clue about intake fan not working?

1 Like

I don’t have a gen 2 so I can’t really help, sorry bud.

@Half-baked this just happened today for me wish I knew why. Taking the wooden top off and keeping a fan on the heatsink like @FireGuy suggested instantly worked for me.

1 Like