Door lock issues

Hi there so when I bought my grobo I though the only defect was the door lock! It never locked since having thought was glitch in the construction. Didn’t mind that it wouldn’t lock but for some reason had machine shut down a good few days. Move machine a little bit shut door and now cannot open. Tried on app but to no avail
Can you advise of how to maybe unlock it manually!

1 Like

Did u try to hold back button for 3 secs? I locked mine when I was assembling it had to do that to get back in.

2 Likes

See the light change to dark blue, then push in the top right of the door and hear the click :wink:

3 Likes

Yay thanks buddy that sure did work I sure appreciate it. Thinking about starting a new seed and hope it will grow in box lol !

6 Likes

I removed the door latch before when someone else said theirs would not open, it still stays closed.

It is up to you, I dont think I would do anything else in one until we see what is going on. Some have said theirs already stopped, mine all have.

2 Likes

I flipped my lock plate. No one’s locking me out now.

7 Likes

I flip mine also great idea but I still use the button and when I close it I push up on the lock and then close the door so it thinks it’s still went through the motion if there was some sensor on the latch don’t know

5 Likes

Thanks I may do that! Starting to lose hope though ughh was really enjoying the journey !

6 Likes

My theory is better to be safe than sorry and it only takes 1 min to flip the plate

6 Likes

Mousike Cabinet Magnets Magnetic Door Catch Stainless Steel Door Magnet for Kitchen Bathroom Cupboard Wardrobe Closet Closures Cabinet Door Drawer Latch 20 lbs(10Pack) Amazon.com are 20lb. They will work at the top of the door put the metal on the door and the magnets on the ledge where the latch is. Put two if need be. Nope looks like it would go right over the top of the existing switch and that’s it because of the carbon filter. It would still work. Hope all this is helpful

3 Likes

JQK Drawer Magnetic Door Catch, Thin Cabinet Magnet Ultrathin Furniture Latch for Sliding Door Closure Kitchen Cabinet Closer Cupboard(4 Pack), 15 lbs Magnet Silver, HCC200-P4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PCQY6FQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_EGNB0N2Z990FBPEQY9P2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

MroMax Door Barrel Bolt, Stainless Steel Security Push Button Spring Loaded Latch 1Pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081CTP5MJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZCZPDXM31K48N4K3SPW7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 Slide-Co 244691 Cabinet Door Elbow Catch, Satin Nickel Plated Amazon.com I found these if it helps. Lots of options. The 20lb magnet set seems good. You could always put two at the top. Good design for top of door.

3 Likes

Just added a pH sensor to the grobo it is running at 5.9 that is pretty good the Grobo is still on line and dispensing nutrients perfectly four weeks left to my grow hope it all last happy new year everybody

3 Likes

My door is not locking. I tried pressing the back button and the dark blue light came on. Held the top corner closed, but didn’t lock. Another option is the door magnets suggested. I don’t need it locked, but will my grow be affected if it is not?

Grobo construction, fit, and finish leaves a lot to be desired. Tolerances are crap. The door can take some fiddling with. and mine developed an issue where it wouldn’t lock.

What I have to do to open my door is hold the button in on the back for a few seconds and then push in on the upper right-hand corner. The “latch” is always under pressure from the door hook so it can’t disengage until I push in the door which releases the latch.

To get my door to lock consistently, I had to bend the door hook up a bit.

I agree that a magnetic closure would be a great idea.

Get a second magnet that matches the bottom one, remove the door hook, screw in the magnet. Done!

3 Likes

Push door in first and it will open easy

1 Like

I put lock washers on the screws to keep the latch from sliding down

1 Like