Experimental dry/cure machine

So after three days hanging in the grobo I transferred to this experimental dry cabinet. It tells you the temperature inside. No adjustment. Having a reasonable ambient temperature is required. It has a dehumidifier that is only 8v. You can adjust the humidity manually. From what I’ve seen so far it goes up two or three percent and then the little water droplet light next to the humidity will blink telling you it’s working it back down. I messed with some trimmings early on to see how fast it can keep up. It was my only concern since I can’t see any visible fan. But I put my ear on it and maybe there’s a small one inside. Once or if this cures correctly I’m going to look inside and see.
So having said that. Yesterday I put the product in this cabinet and waited to see where it was humidity wise. 68-70% is what happened. So now I set it at 60% and waited to see what happens. Right away I noticed it working hard to get down the humidity. So yesterday only I burped it three times and left it overnight set at 60%. 5am it was comfortably at 60%. Maybe one more day hang time so I don’t have to burp? I’m thinking out loud best I can​:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: so now at the end of second day I will bring down to 59% and so on. Then bring back up to 58% for cure time

When it was working hard it got a LITTLE warm but not much. I put this fan there just because. So back to taking the humidifier apart. Maybe I can give it a little more breathing abilities. Won’t know until I see inside. And if I can’t do nothing with it I’m still very satisfied with how it’s working.

6 Likes

Definitely keeps the same ambient temperature inside. Between 70-73. The humidity rises with the temperature I noticed but still easily maintains 59%. Dropping a percent every two days working fine. Thinking out loud I wonder if I will need to add a little saucer of water when it’s time to come back up for cure? @FireGuy

2 Likes

I’d see if it struggles to bring humidity back up. If it does, you can add a saucer or cup of water.

4 Likes

Working just fine for this kind of cure method. I can vaguely smell the hay smell and more pungent sweet smell. I have to put my nose flat up against the seam to smell anything. That’s a plus. Haven’t opened it since first day. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

6 Likes

So I moved up to cure. It was slowly coming back up from 55% to 58%. Put maybe a teaspoon and a half of water and it. It was bouncing between 56-55 for twelve hour before I added water. It’s easily maintains 58%. Goes up two to three percent before coming back down. All my glances at it through out the day it was at 58%. :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Definitely have to keep a small amount of water. I’ll remove it the last week. Can’t wait. smells different all the time. Good different :star_struck::+1:t2:

4 Likes

Hey bubba! Figured I’d snap a couple pics out of the Cannatrol book that may be useful for you.

2 Likes

4 Likes

So here’s is week two sample time! :star_struck: already smell the familiar wall of dank and the flower itself is closer to the 58% goal. Less sticky. More dry than first week. No hay or grass smell anywhere! This is my first grow and experience with DWC. I love it. I test morning noon night. Then I can pick my line ups for the day. :+1:t2: First week was uplifting euphoric happy and the ending was a relaxed comfortable high that for me help my pain and sleep. Just to be a little more transparent here. I have a spinal cord stimulator implanted for pain. Arthritis and herniated disk. This way I can still function without surgery for the time being. It’s Boston scientific device for back pain. It’s in YouTube. So this pain sometimes is heavy and moody. :joy::rofl::joy: Marijuana has help tremendously with pain.

6 Likes

Not bad man buds look frosty :cold_face: :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes

Dos si Dos is definitely night time smoke. Good relaxed. euphoric. Heavy eyes. The inhale is a little peppery earthy. But the exhale is heavy and dank. Very pleasant. This is my first smoke reports from something I grew. I love it :star_struck::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Also removed the water from the cabinet. It just goes up to 60 and down to 58. I think I’ll use the cabinet for airy buds and vacuum cure the dense ones. :thinking:

2 Likes

Well four more days of cure. I smoked some but still have all the main colas. There about 2.5-3g each. I can say the smell has matured a lot. Buds look the same. What I have smoked definitely got better with time. You get a kick from the initial trich burn but otherwise it’s smooth. Smells like berries and a little coffee. I’ll know more in the fourth.

5 Likes

Well in my opinion this works great :+1:t2:. Kept humidity within 3-4%. The average temperature inside was 71-73 degrees Fahrenheit. Pretty close to the ambient temperature in the house. I think I can put a third shelf and dry for three four days first to get closer to 55% before it goes in. All and all for 150$ I’ll use it for sure. Thank you for letting me share. :+1:t2:

10 Likes

For 1/10th the price of Cannatrol I say go for it!!!

4 Likes

- - - [2022-02.09]:

@Gunk,

--

:wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1:t5:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

I have the cannatrol and love it. I’m getting ready to do a harvest and I’m going to do a 12 day dry and 30 day cure in the unit.

3 Likes

How’s the cure going? Getting ready to harvest my first few since the Cannatrol got delivered. Absolutely love it to store in, but this will be the first start to finish with it. Still have another 1.5-2 weeks before I cut them. Everything still going as well as expected with yours? Still don’t know anyone that has one personally, and not very many on the forum so far

4 Likes

@Hackula here is my first run in the machine :+1:t2: If you have any questions I’m here. :+1:t2:

1 Like