First Tent Grow - Mimosa X Orange Punch and Biscotti Mintz

Hello everyone!

Starting my first tent grow! On the left is Biscotti Mintz and on the right is Mimosa X Orange Punch in a 2x3 tent.

I topped both of them a few days ago. The humidity dropped so I’m raising my humidifier’s power. The Biscotti Mintz plant looks fine. However, the Mimosa X Orange Punch plant has spots on her leaves. I’m not sure why but I think the light may have been too strong so I raised the grow lights and slightly adjusted the power

Water temps range: 65-73 F
Temps range: 68-80 F
Humidity range: 30-65% (trying to stay 50-60%)

Any advice is appreciated :grin: @Vicc @Mpower11 @ChicagoCypher_CC @FireGuy @SilverGrobo

Biscotti Mintz on the left:

Mimosa X Orange Punch on the right. Spots on her leaves:

8 Likes

Just looks like some nute spots for the young one. New growth looks fine. I wouldn’t worry much

7 Likes

Do you check your Ph?

6 Likes

what Vicc and Mpower11 said …:slightly_smiling_face: no worries mon with that spot on the older low fan leaf :peace_symbol:

@Aang curious to know how much calmag are you currently using with your nutrient dosage?

5 Likes

@Mpower11 @ChicagoCypher_CC I pH the nute water before I fill the plants buckets but I don’t anything to check the pH throughout the day.

I’m using 2ML of calmal, about half the recommended dose

2 Likes

I think you should confirm that your pH doesn’t swing over the week. If it does it can lead to problems

2 Likes

i like using CalMag and freely use it :slight_smile:

botanicare recommends about 3-5ml per gallon of water

i vary dosage between 5ml - 15ml per week during 2.5 gallons water change…i think you use 5 gallon buckets

i like to increase CalMag dosage :test_tube: a bit when i notice similar spots on mine

3 Likes

I am planning to slightly increase my dosage in the next water change. thank you guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Upgraded my pumps to faster bottom draw pumps while lights were off. Obligatory root photos

6 Likes

roots looks fantastic :star_struck:

3 Likes

I’m amazed at how the roots look. Looks so much healthier than when I was growing in the Grobo

4 Likes

I like those pumps where did you get them

Got them on Amazon - Amazon.com

2 Likes

- - - [2022-03.02]: {#Is_It_Bugs_:bug::bug::bug:}:

@Aang,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {Green_Thumb..~~ (3)}:

Cooties_Bugs..~~ (2)

--

:wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1:t5:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

Hello, I’m using these clips for the first time for low stressing training! I was very nervous :joy:. I accidentally damaged some branches while putting these clips on. Had to tape up one branch. I wish I’d train her a bit earlier. I hope she’ll be ok!

Branch on the left is damaged:

5 Likes

I’ve been using those clips. Like yourself I should have used them sooner. I was worried I’d break one.

3 Likes

Also you need to rub the branch across your finger branch this will break down the cell wall of the branch letting you bend easier…

You can start to clean up some bottom leafs if you want also. The idea is you want nice air flow threw the plant

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll clean her up soon!

2 Likes

Check out clips like these there adjustable so you don’t have to bend them as extremely if you don’t want to. There is other sites that have them to look up adjustable Lst clips.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1029651708/adjustable-lst-clips

I have a 3d printer and have tried several different kinds in my short growing stent and I like these most. They can do the same thing as the other clips plus more! So when you find yourself with a thick branch that doesn’t wanna bend you can do it more gradually with these

3 Likes

Those adjustable LST are interesting. I’ll check them out. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like