First time grow - germination process - NEED HELP URGENTLY

I have a few questions for those who have already used Grobo and have experience.

#1. During the germination process which is 10 days how does the machine feed the Cocoa pod water? It seems as though every time I check it the Coco pod is dry at the top.

#1B. I noticed during the germination process the light is on almost 24 hours normally when you germinate a plant you do it in the dark, so is the light what might be drying out the cocoa pod?.

#2. My reservoir is full of water however, two days ago I got a notification telling me my seed is thirsty and when I filled it up with water, it only took a tiny bit, and then said it was complete, which of course because the reservoirs full why would it even bother asking for water if it’s already full?

#3. What feeds the water to the cocoa pod as I mentioned before? Once you put the white tray in what brings the water to it?.

I know these are a couple questions and I really appreciate anybody who takes the time out to Answer as I am really just confused and this is my first time.

2 Likes

1.So if i remember correctly it tells u to put ur pod in a bowl of water for idk how many sec squeeze it out and then start ur grow. 2. It will tell u that every so many days becuz once ur plant gets bigger it will feed more and it more like a safety precaution. 3. There are 2 different pods one thats shaped like a cone gen 1 grobo and 1 thats smaller that goes into a holding tray gen 2 grobo. The gen 1 i believe u push the pod down til it almost touches the water the gen 2 has a wick thats white that u insert on the bottom of cup tray . The bubbles from ur air bubbler spray ur pod or wick with water and ur pod stays moist thats what help bring ur water to pods. Hope i was of help!

2 Likes

As far as I know, this pod is kind of long there’s no sticker in the white tray. I don’t know if that makes a difference, but on the Grobo original YouTube channel, they said if yours had a sticker to push it below the sticker, mine doesn’t have a sticker. However, I did push it down a significant amount. I don’t know if the bottom of it touches the water so I don’t really see how the water gets to it maybe it does that I’m just trippin, but it seems like every day when I go to check my cocoa pod it’s dry at the top.

2 Likes

The air bubbles popping are what is meant to wet the bottom of the pod.

As long as it’s low enough that’s happening it should stay wet and wick the water up.

This usually helps to make the roots want to travel downward for more water. If the pod is too wet it can suffocate the roots, they need oxygen and water.

2 Likes

i had a gen 2 so im not sure on the pod never had to use that 1.

:sweat_smile: I’ve been taking maybe a shot glass worth of distilled water and putting it on top of the pod. I’ve done it three times during the germination process and I’m about to hit the seventh day. every time I did do it the water would sink down to the bottom immediately every time I check the pod the top was like a dirt dry. Its like dirt dry. I hope I didn’t do any damage to it. Maybe I should just stop and let it do what its going to do.

2 Likes

Yea patients is the key when grow the magical herb! Lol what i would do when i was using my grobo is germinate the seed before and then I’d put it in pod. That way u know for sure u have a germinated seed. I never had success just germinating in the pods.

1 Like

Yes, this is what my dad was telling me as well. He used to grow indoor, and he was kind of weirded out at the fact that the Grobo germinates with the light on because he’s never had to have light when germinating his seeds. But he said that we should just germinate it ourselves and then drop it in the pod, which makes a lot more sense. If we did that would there be a way to bypass the germination stage on the app?

2 Likes

Just start it on day 1 of germination it will take those couple days to get acclimated to the pod so it wont be confusing. What i did.

1 Like

You can go into schedule and move to the next stage manually and skip germination.

1 Like

I never add water anymore. I delete the thirsty notification. I learned that constantly topping off dilutes the nutrients and throws readings off. I let it go the whole week before changing. I’ve done it the grobo and my other grow space with no problems.

2 Likes