Getting your Grobo back online

I went to Portland yesterday and went through what’s left of Grobo inventory after auction.

There are tons of nutrients, coco pods, a few Grobo Starts, lots of starter packs for that, PH and EC calibration solutions, carbon filters, etc.

I don’t know if the consumables (nutes, pods) are safe to use after sitting for a year. Some of the bulk wrapped pods have condensation inside the bag which spells fungus to me. The individually wrapped coco pods seem fine. All this to say, it’s going to take some time (and maybe some volunteers, some of you with 2-3 grobos) to see if the responsible thing to do here is sadly dispose of a lot of this stuff.

I am working on how to do fulfillment. I can’t bring all that stuff back with me to San Francisco, nor do I have room for it.

I was able to salvage some spare parts from 8 or so beat up grobos that I guess they had in the office for warranty/refurbishment/service. This includes about 6 PCB’s and 6 grow lights. I have no idea if/how well they work.

I did not find any test harnesses that one would normally have for validating and running QA on PCB’s. I can make all of it, but it will take a bit of time. This is what I was really hoping to find out of all that stuff.

I was not able to find any new in box parts such as PCB’s or probes.

That stack of smaller boxes to to the right of the grobos are all nutrients. I know because I moved them all to get things organized by myself. There are 4 pallets worth according to the consignment manifest.

5 Likes