Grandaddy Purple 1st Tent Grow- Dying?

I had this plant in the Start for almost a month as I hadn’t purchased the tent yet. I’m replacing the 5 gal bucket with a 3.5 gal.

I also have 4 full sets of Grobo nutes. When using those nutes with the tent grow can I just use the same amount it dispenses in the Grobo? I mark the bottles after every drain/fill so I can see how much it uses each time.

8 Likes

nice to see you get started with your tent grow @bandit :star_struck:

looks like she held up well in the start for that amount of time …nice work :+1:t4:

imo. i would start your tent grow with whatever nutrient brand line you decide to use for the entire grow…i actually used grobo nutrients before in a bucket grow and would not recommend on doing it again…grobo nutrients are water downed and can’t compare to other reputable nutrient brands

questions: how far is the light from top of plant? which air flow direction is your inline fan facing?

3 Likes

It’s at 19 inches. I actually lowered it yesterday thinking it was too high. If I understand the question, the airflow is blowing into the tent.

3 Likes

Hi @Bandit …if you have only one inline fan, then the inline fan should be directing air out of your tent :wind_face: but not into your tent …check out the images from vivosun as it shows different set up with the airflow directed out of the tent…i personally like #1 the best

4 Likes

Thanks man I had this same pic. Yes just have the one fan. So I just need to flip the direction. I’ll do that. Thanks for that correction.

4 Likes

:+1:t4: no problem… i would suggest to place a mini humidifier inside the tent as your humidity appears low…a mini clip on fan would be helpful too

5 Likes

6 Likes

Looks to be coming along. It’s actually about a week behind my GG#4 in the Grobo. Looking to make a grow to grow comparison, although the tent I believe I’ll be more happy with.

7 Likes

Well seems to have taken a turn for the worse. One day the ph was off so now so check it every couple of days. Trying to see if she’s recoverable.
Do you think a water change with Cal mag may help it out? It’s been going for 65 days. I changed the light schedule to 12/12. Light was a bout a foot away if I need to adjust.
Even if it’s gone I’m not overly disappointed. I just know with AG’s help I’ll be ok. Thanks

2 Likes

- - - [2022-03.02]:

@Bandit,

--

:wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1:t5:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

She’s made a nice recovery from a few weeks ago.

6 Likes

fantastic recovery :slight_smile: nice save :+1:t4:

just curious…what did you determine was the cause of her earlier burns?

1 Like

@ChicagoCypher_CC The PH dropped and was very acidic. I now check it every couple/3 days. I did raise my lights a bit also.I also used Cal Mag in my subsequent fills. I had to go out of town for 5 days and expected the worst. I was pleasantly surprised.
She’s now starting to flower.

Thanks

3 Likes

Flower Day 25

4 Likes

Flower Day 41. She’s so frosty she looks like she came out of the salon- lol.:+1:t5:

5 Likes

Flush Day 1

5 Likes

Harvest. There’s simply no comparison from a tent to Grobo box grow. Curing in 16 oz jars. First 2 are from the tent. Just started curing today.
The last, Alien Gorilla Glue 4 one has been curing for 10 days. It’s been tested and smokes well.

5 Likes