Hello all - harvest time ( tent grow )

@Mpower11 Awesome! Nice to meet you. I also love to see how other people do things.

I’ve used worm castings in the past all through the whole grow, for sure. I still use them during veg, but I don’t find that they make a difference for me beyond that.

Veg:
I transplant right out of the cloner ( or seed ) into a conainer mixed with about 25% worm castings and 75% sunshine #4. I 'll then water with plain water for a week. After that I’ll start top dressing with the “grow” terp tea dry nutrients. If I notice any deficiencies, I will supplement with some of the ‘foundation’ ( also by Roots Organics, mostly for supplementing extra calcium and magnesium and trace minerals ). I top dress every two weeks with that , while just watering with plain water in between feedings as the plants need watering. ( ph’d to around 6.5 or 7 if need be )

Flower:
I give my ladies 24-36 hrs of darkness when transitioning. I also flower using an 11/13 cycle ( 11 on 13 off ).
The darkness period is mostly just ‘bro science’ that I’ve heard throughout the years. I’ve noticed that my plants start flowering faster, so I’ve kept with it :wink:

The 11/13 cycle is to both save electricity, but also a little bit of ‘bro science’ there too. you can read up on the pros/cons of that light cycle and find all kinds of opinions. I’ve not noticed any difference really, except 1 less hour used of electricity each day.

When I flip, I top dress with the ‘bloom’ terp tea nutrients and water it in with plain water + recharge. I feed every 1 to 2 weeks depending on the plant’s needs ( they will let you know if they want more , or less! ). In between feedings, I just water with plain water ( ph’d to around 6.5 or 7 if need be ). Depending on timing ( every 2-3 weeks or so ), one of those waterings might be with the Recharge added.

The beginning of last 3 weeks of flowering, I will top dress them once with the “bloom booster” and once more with Recharge, and then just plain water until harvest.

I’ve tried a lot of things over the years, from hydro to supersoil and everything in between. I’ve settled on this routine because it’s easy for me :wink: I spend way less time in the garden working, and more time just admiring the beauty :wink: It’s cathartic to do the top-dressing, and I always get amazing medicine, along with those beautiful colors and fades.

With hydro I spent so much time making sure everything was just right, making sure my equipment was cleaned all the time, repairing clogged llines, etc…

Supersoil was good and lots of fun, but I spent a lot of time making and preparing it, and I don’t have the room to prepare batches ahead of time.

I’ve used compost teas before and loved it. I’m just trying to cut down on my time spent…and brewing compost teas can be time consuming and requires a bit of space. By top dressing with the terp -teas ( which are designed to be brewed into compost teas if you want ) I feel like I am getting the same benefits.

10 Likes