Ideal lighting schedule

What is the ideal lighting schedule for photo period plants? I’m sure many fellow growers have many methods. I would like to know what’s working best for you other growers. Thanks

2 Likes

I got a couple babies in a tent right now on 24 hour lighting. Good or bad I don’t know.

2 Likes

Up until transition, I like 20/4, then 24 hrs darkness and switch to 11/13 for flowering. That’s just me.

4 Likes

I vote for that
and natural lighting once a year

Autos are really the only plants that should be 24 on.

2 Likes

Do ppl put autos in the dark? Will it hurt autos if they go dark?

1 Like

autos are ok under 24hours, and they are ok under less
they just need a bit love and will surprise you, they might be big, they might be small, they might be tall and fluffy, but they will surprise you
they just do their thing and not care about the rest
a bit easier, with less control (usually)

2 Likes

Why’s is it ok for autos but not photos in your opinion? @FireGuy

I did my last auto on 18/6
Just started new one popped after 5 days of germination earlier than last time I think was 11 days! Might look I to the 24 hr though I think I’m gonna put an auto seed or 2 out this late spring see how they do outdoors!

2 Likes

Seen this if it helps

2 Likes

I run a lot of autos in the room and played with lighting schedules a lot the past several years. I like the 20/4 best, but if I see something struggling to recover I will knock it back to 19/5 or 18/6 until they are healthy again. I have run a few outside but they grow much slower, and generally produce less because of the shorter light duration. On the same note even with that in mind they have always been a quality smoke when it’s said and done. I’ve considered just throwing some out and let them do their thing until harvest, and just count it as a bonus. Hell lemme know when ya put some out and I’ll do the same n see what happens.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feed back and yeah I’ll keep ya posted on when putting out! I’m thinking about doing 5-10 feminized plants out there too! Just not looking forward to buying alll the soil but always yields decent. I’ll do plants early may! Not exactly sure when the great time is for the auto I’ll have to check when the sun light changes again

If i was rich enough, i would spread seeds all over the planet
They don’t belong to me if I drop the seeds by accident and forget about it after…

Maybe i should start easy… just a few, normal not feminized, all over the place would be funny

It would be nice, to go back 20 years later to discover your 4 firsts plants became a forest

4 Likes