Should i be seeing roots by now?

I’m currently on day 19 of my 101-day grow, specifically day 9 out of 14 in the early vegetation stage. A few days ago, I received an email indicating that I should be seeing roots by now, but upon inspection, I don’t see any roots at the bottom; it’s just the moist cocoa pod. It’s definitely receiving water, though. Should I have seen roots by this point, or when can I expect them? If I should have seen roots, does this suggest an issue with the seed? I’d appreciate any guidance from expert Grobo users, as I’m still learning and dont know shit!.

2 Likes

(A picture is worth a thousand words.) Is the seed sprouted? It should be after 19 days. If so the roots are tied up inside the pod. You’ll have to dig em out. :+1:t2:

Send pictures :sunglasses:

1 Like

Honestly my bad I didn’t even notice you could send pictures lol i must be blind lmfao. But here are the pics! Please excuse the shitty ass photo quality this phone has been dropped hundreds of times lol.

1 Like

1 Like

The top? If there’s nothing coming up then it’s a dud. Dig around with a toothpick. My guess is it’s a dud.

1 Like

I realize you said 19 days! It’s dead :skull_and_crossbones:. Should of come up 5-10 days.

1 Like

Hey, so I decided to germinate my seeds outside of the machine I put them between a paper towel, kept the paper towel wet. It was in a bowl, and I would make sure there was a little puddle of water in one corner, so it would keep the paper towel moist. However, it’s Been 10 days and they didn’t sprout. However, I put them in a cup of distilled water and they sunk to the bottom which, if I’m correct means they’re still good. Should I leave them soaking for 24 hours like some people recommend and then put them back in between a paper towel?

1 Like

Between two plates with a paper towel in the dark. This one sprouted in 36 hrs no soaking.
You have bad seeds?
@ChicagoCypher_CC has excellent tips for germination as well.

2 Likes

The plate method is a good 1 works everytime as long as seeds are good. If the cannabis seeds do not have enough water, they will sprout slowly or not at all. If the seeds are too wet, they may rot and die.

1 Like
  1. drop seed in glass of distilled.

2. place in dark area. (i place inside by bathroom vanity and take hot showers)

3. check back in a day or two to see if seeds sink to bottom. if not, i gently push/poke the seed to the bottom of the glass

4. check back in another day or two and you should start to see the seed open up with a bit of white showing

5. check back in another day or two as the tail should start to grow…place in permanent grow medium once the white tail gets about 1/2 cm …don’t wait to too long as the tail will grow long and make it hard to transfer

i used to use the paper towel method …but do this way exclusively now

3 Likes