Tent life versus grobo

So truthfully how big of a pain is a tent compared to the grobo? And are there resources yet for someone who has only grown with grobo to move over to a tent?

2 Likes

I tied the grobo, simply to experience hydro. Been a soil grower for years in a tent. Long story short, the amount of issues and extra add ons ended up costing me way more in the grobo, than a seriously top of the line soil grow. It’s super easy to make the transition, and there are endless resources on the web and on YouTube. Just google your questions, and watch some videos. I will say a 5x5 tent allows good space to work with. Get quality lights for sure and get good soil (Fox farms ocean forest, or ProMix). Also get the best nutes you can afford. I use Advanced Nutrients pH perfect 3 part base nutes and add rhino skin for silica (stock strength) and recharge for beneficial bacteria, explosive root growth and it also contains molasses for your sugars. Good luck :+1::v:

6 Likes

Interesting. Does one need to do soil changes during a single grow? I’ve been doing all my own nutes for the past couple of grows one the grobo although I’ll need to switch over since these seem to be for hydroponic grows correct? I’ve been using advanced already.

1 Like

Advanced nutrients can be used in any medium. I only replant once. I start in a solo cup then transplant into a 5gal fabric pot. Oh and with the soils I mentioned above, they both have nutes in the soil so you won’t have to feed them with nutes for the first 30 days. Only ro ph’d water

5 Likes

Phd? So I need to adjust the ph of the water ? Thanks For the info.

3 Likes

I grow 100% organic and I don’t Ph my water (If your growing with synthetic nutes your need to Ph your water)

5 Likes

Which nutes do you use?

1 Like

I use Gaia Green product line

3 Likes