What lights are you using?

I have a 3 by 3 by 6 tent looking to have 2 plants in there. I know my setup is far from where it needs to be. I currently have 2. VIVOSUN VS1000 LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301H Diodes & Sosen Driver Dimmable Lights Sunlike Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Seedling Veg and Bloom Plant Growing Lamps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08772CTK7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZN2HGDGCQ2RBQ8ESZQNT
Just trying to get a gauge on what you should have Vs. what other users are having success with. Has any one else used this light? And what’s the ideal wattage that others are using for a similar space. Explain to me as I am new and learning and it seems there is slot more knowledge here than in any book.

1 Like

I haven’t used that Vivosun light yet however I would pay attention to the light footprint and depending on your growing goals, you should be able to gauge if this light is sufficient enough for your grow.

Here is the umol footprint chart for your light. Looking at the chart, it seems that that vivosun light is providing the minimal amount of light to a 2x2 footprint, it might get the job done however it probably won’t yield spectacular results.

I personally use the Fluence Spydr 2P by OSRAM since I run CO2 with my grow. They also have one for 3x3 tents but yeah, they can be quite pricey. I am sure there are alot of good lights out there with half the price tag

3 Likes

I have a Grow Light BP-4000 in a 4X4 tent and I am surprised how well it produced without too much heat at an almost decent price…

And because yes, when you are redneck as much as I am, nothing thrill like overkill,
I also have lights on the side and even under the plants…
Did I mention even in between the plants?
They design those exhaust fan for a reason right

When you see 4 grams nuggets 3 inches from the bottom of your plant, you never go back

Is it next harvest time yet?

3 Likes

What’s type of par values should I be looking for? Looking to figure out the necessary upgrades through this grow and build from there

I always shoot for the higher the better with dimmable features. Allows for more control depending on your plants progression

3 Likes

The sweet spot is just before burning the leaves…

Give it as much light as possible (according to the schedule)
If you see the tips of leaves changing colour, dim your light or make them more distant from the plant…
The right distance will depend on our light
with weaker lights, I put them directly in the middle of the plant without problem
But I am probably one of the few to do this way

3 Likes

How about everyone else what lights are you using?

1 Like

… #8

- - - [2022-01.06]: {#Light}: :bulb:

@Bobface86,

…

• ([WhatEver] These Are): Faces..~~ (4)

• [Discord]:

--

:wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1:t5:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes