CBD Healer (second grow 🤞)

After abandoning my first grow because of painfully slow growth, I’m giving it a second do with some CBD Healer from true north seed bank. I’m pleasantly surprised with her so far- she’s taller already than my last girl was after 20 days. She had a bit of helmet head, bust she’s already got her first wee set of leaves. Fingers crossed for this one!

6 Likes

Leaves are coming in nicely but she’s still suffering from some helmet head despite adding water to try and break up the film. Is it time for some minor surgery or should I just leave her to her own devices? Will it impede further growth?

5 Likes

Drop another drop or two on the film and then run something soft up between the two leaves, should separate easily :wink:.

3 Likes

Surgery was a great success :blush: but it’s time for another newbie question. Is it time to pull the wick? I ran into trouble on my last grow when I went from germ to veg with my roots drying out so I’m a little apprehensive.

3 Likes

I’d pull it now, but no harm in leaving it another few days. Your pod doesn’t look saturated so you can pull it once the root hits the water.

3 Likes

Officially day 14 of germ. I extended her time in germ because I just didn’t think her roots were ready for the drop in water level and I lost my last grow in the transition to early veg for that very reason. She looks good so far. No signs of damping off and the roots are looking good. Water change day tomorrow but I might skip the drain/fill and just do it once she moves into early veg. Not 100% sure yet.

4 Likes

Well sadly things have changed. My Grobo dumped all my nutes, and when I tried to drain and fill it stopped mid-fill and started to drain again. I can’t risk it draining all over my hardwood floors, so my time with the Grobo is up. Unfortunately it will be a while before I’m ready to jump into something else, so I won’t have much to contribute for the next little bit. But rest assured, I will be following everyone’s grown and living vicariously through all of you!

3 Likes

That sucks! I feel ur pain! I was too far in to give up on my grow so I’ve been doing whatever I can to keep her alive. I’ve had the drain and fill issues 3 times already and the first time took my nutes the other 2 times I caught it before they completely drained. Now I’m going to dose her myself .

3 Likes

My biggest fear has always been it draining all over my floor. The last thing I want to deal with is floor repairs and mould. It hadn’t don’t this before so I thought it was good, but this just put things over the edge for me. I can’t say for sure it will do it, but I also can’t risk it. Sucks.

4 Likes

Yea I have my hose permanently in my bucket just to be safe. It’s helped for sure! I think as long as we manually dose them it should be fine. The times I’ve had it happen I took out nute tubes just left ph 1s in bottle cuz I don’t have any way of checking ph other then to let grobo do it. My thinking is if I’m dosing manually then when it drains I don’t have to worry about the water being filled with extra nutes so I can just fill it back up with what I know is the right amount. Idk if that makes since… but it’s worth the try being that I’m in flower and hoping to be successful even after all this BS!

3 Likes

You could probably disconnect the pumps power and then manually fill
And drain then at least you don’t have to worry about your floors
Or even easier just remove the drain and fill hoses from the reservoir . So you can continue with out that fear

3 Likes

Hmmm… that’s a good idea removing fill and drain hoses! I didn’t think about that. What would be the best way to fill without exposing roots?

1 Like

I lift my lid to add hydro guard every water change.:man_shrugging:t3: I was thinking a pump like this it hooks to a drill. There are others if you don’t have a drill.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Water-Source-200-GPH-Drill-Pump-DRP-1/203449537
And then connect a hose to each side

2 Likes

If you want something permanent it
Can be done but probably need to drill a hole to route a drain fill hose to the outside
Or unhook the hose on both sides of the pump and connect them at the pumps with a coupler allowing you to bypass the pump and still use the existing hoses
If you follow me

2 Likes

Thanks for all the tips. Honestly at this point I’m just ready to break up with the Grobo and move on. It’s just going to take me some time to figure out where I want to go from here.

Yea I’m getting there as well! I’m trying to stay positive but it’s been a pain trying to figure out what to do. I’m leaning towards this tent that was super cheap and also on sale idk how long but it’s for soil not hydro. I’m more familiar with soil anyways just not cannabis. I will prevail!

4 Likes