Closet Build by Gunk

Here’s the start of new grow space. I’ll post my questions here as well as updates and pictures. Look forward to bringing AG along.

5 Likes

Ok. Yeah I’m venting into the attic so you’re right. So how do you circulate your air? Filter the air going in? Lay it out for me bud :sunglasses: @FireGuy

2 Likes

I actually have two fans arriving today. 4” intake, 6” exhaust. What I’ve done since the beginning is a 4” exhaust sitting up top to exhaust the hot air out with both screened openings open at the bottom. It works, but the double fans should make it much more stable for temp swings…I think :rofl:. I don’t filter the exhaust because I don’t mind the smell.

5 Likes

Ahhh. I see. You’ve saved me $ already. I can vent the new door at the bottom with some sort of light blocking filter and put a adjustable exhaust fan exhausting into the attic. Are your blower speeds adjustable? The new ones you got?

2 Likes

Ac Infinity Cloudline T6. From what I understand, set a temp and it’ll adjust the speed to keep it. I’ll know more soon, but the cloudlines seem to be the go to for fans.

5 Likes

Cool :sunglasses: I’ll check it out. I know I can put a manually adjustable fan no problem. They have them for a/c duct to help push air to far parts of the house. Either way it’s already a relief. Thanks man. I’ll keep you posted :+1:t2::wink:

2 Likes

What’s your preference as far as light schedule? For vegetation? For flower? 20/4 and 12/12 ok? @FireGuy

2 Likes

I like 20/4 for veg, 24 hrs dark and then 11/13 for flower. This is my personal preference, but I will suggest you play with different timelines for yourself :wink:.

3 Likes

I personally haven’t seen and difference between 20/4 and 18/6 for Veg but other way is fine

5 Likes

We’ll I got it cleaned out! Next is electricity :zap:

5 Likes

Are you planning on setting up in the closet? Or a tent in closet?

4 Likes

Sweet get her ass wired up! That couldn’t be a better spot for a plant! What are you going to do about ventilation?

3 Likes

Sounds like the plan is to vent into the attic

4 Likes

In the closet. I’m going to wallpaper it.

2 Likes

Well @HaydenG and @Mpower11 i think I’m going to mount my fan and carbon filter inside and up high. There are a few things I’m considering but the newest is to loop the vent back in the closet and have a vent at the bottom with a filter to draw air in? The other was to just vent cleaned air into the hallway and have the same bottom vent/filter drawing air in. Also on the right side of the door I will cut in a access panel to mount all the gauges and timers. Also will have a power strip inside. I don’t want outlets in the grow area. The fan I can hardwire to my own speed control. The c02 tank will have to go up high as well. I only want to monitor one C02 location. :wink: Or I try Mushrooms first and seeing what happens. I’m trying them now in the box :package: :wink:
Any comments welcome please. @Mpower11 @FireGuy @Vicc

Panel here.

5 Likes

Something like this

5 Likes

Or this way? Thoughts?

7 Likes

I like this diagram better the first one it seems more logical and efficient than the other way around!

4 Likes

I think so to. I’m going to test it before hand. My thought this way would be a softer air flow so to speak. I don’t think the fan will have to work as hard this way. And Quieter :+1:t2: Now I also am keeping in mind Co2 and humidity levels. I’ll have automatic gauges but the air flow movement is key in keeping the peace inside where shit isn’t turning on and off and going up and down all day. I’m definitely more excited about it than my money is. :joy:

5 Likes

I will consider reflective paint or plastic to line the walls with.

5 Likes