How automatic can you make your tent

Thanks man appreciate it. Lots of experiments and dreaming happened in there.

Well yes this setup is a hydro pig but it also isn’t as bad as you think because remember fans / humidifier / dehumidifier/ Ac / Co2 etc all this gear doesn’t run 24 / 7 like manual setup’s do my gear only turns on when environmental parameters call for it to run.

9 Likes

Awesome man, that’s a dream grow setup :joy:

3 Likes

Nice :+1:t2:. I get the bigger picture now.

3 Likes

Back with update I have finally completed my irrigation system with many tweaks and many trials using different systems I finally think it’s fully complete.

Some photo will be a repeat of what you all ready seen but let’s start at the heart of the system.

First is Ro system.

Automatically fills my 225 L tank. The yellow pump will manual fill buckets. The pvc line I built feeds my new pump.

7 Likes

Looks :eyes: awesome :clap: brotha :sunglasses: extremely dope :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

4 Likes

In side the tank the pvc line have a check valve so the pump holds prime.

In this picture you will see I installed a ball valve to prime the line.

Next pvc line is connected to 1/2 yellow hose that connects to the pump that will fill my feed tank.

Yellow line runs to my feed tank. it’s a stainless steel sink

Now when I need to fill the feed tank I just open the tap. No more carry buckets for me.

Next under the sink I installed a T going straight down feeds by irrigation pump. The left side of the tea will drain the tank if needed it’s on a manual valve to open and close

The pressure pump when called to turn on by my aqua x controller. Note the Ec and ph probe are on the wall. So don’t Pay attention to those readings the probes are sitting in store solution.

Next it sends water down the yellow hose.

Inside the tent there is a main line that I connected in the middle with a T to try to get more even pressure through the system.

Using drip rings to water 360 degrees around the pot. The bonus is it is a great job watering in my top dressing also provides irrigation on top of my nematodes.

I had problems trying two balance water flow equally between all the pots what I did to overcome this problem was you may have noticed pressure gauges I’m running each pot at 22 psi seems to be the sweet spot. By running the same pressure across all the rings allows me to achieve equal watering across my plants. Also with one plant is requiring more or less water I can tweak the valve accordingly.

Any water leached out to the pots will be captured on my drain way trays leading to a pump that will pump the water out of the tent.

If any water hits this bucket I will get a notification of water confirmation meaning Leach

I have have 2 soil moisture sensors to keep tabs on how wet my soil is. I can remote water from anywhere in the whole if I want to :+1:

Been dreaming this system up for years now and it final became reality!!

9 Likes

that’s amazing. congrats on your system :grin:

5 Likes

Wow :star_struck: one :point_up:t4: day my gd man that’s insane :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

6 Likes

that’s PIMP :star_struck:…incredible setup …wow…so professional …:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank for all the kind words. At this point I’m out of ideas to improve my automation. Ideas are welcome if someone has a idea for improvement?

5 Likes

Ok I stand corrected one more toy to add to automation.

Want a control to dispense X amount of gallons into my sink automatically

Not sure if this is the product I’m going to get but something like this

DIGITEN Water Flow Control Meter LCD Display Controller+G1/2" Water Hall Sensor Flow Meter Flowmeter Counter 1-30L/min+G1/2" Solenoid Valve Normally Closed N/C+DC 12V Power Adapter

If someone knows with a better product of this let me know thanks

4 Likes

I finally found everyone. WTF happened? BTW if you go to a tent and stay with hydro I highly recommend the hydro bucket. It has a reservoir added to the bucke to make access and water changes simple.
![image|375x500]

4 Likes

Welcome back. Glad you found us

Thanks for the link. I like it. It’s ordered.

2 Likes

I thought I had all the bugs addressed in the irrigation system but I was wrong so just a quick update for everybody.

Since my sink is so high off the ground gravity is pushing the water through the system and causing my sink to drain without the pump running.

To address the problem I’m adding a 24 V control and solenoid valve to close when I’m not watering.

Here is the gear

3 Likes

Problem solved

4 Likes

Since I now have a 24v controller I can add watering zones in my tent which I may add if I need more psi not sure if I need to yet. Besides that I can’t think of anything else left in the tent to improve on.

My next project is I’m going to make a auto dosing system refill tank with nutes of choice (my sink)

5 Likes

That’s awesome. I like your way of thinking :thinking:

3 Likes

Ok back at it

Installing auto fill fresh water to fill reservoir.

Here is the manifold I built.

The top of the hose has a solenoid valve to open and the flow metre to keep track of how much water is dispensed into the tank (Sink)

The bottom part is a bypass I built just in case the solenoid valve malfunction’s. :+1:

Time to test the controller

6 Likes

Awesome man. I like it. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Automatic dispense RO water is complete. Works great

Things to know about it.

I bought 1/2 but I you can buy bigger if needed.

The threads seem small for 1/2. How to use pipe dope to seal it. Tape didn’t work.

Wiring harness was short. Meaning the wires were only like 3 to 4 feet long. I cut all the wire and added 7 feet of wire.

Calibration took a little bit of time but wasn’t all that bad.

3 Likes