How do you raise your humidity in your grobo?

I cant get my humidity above 30 in my grobo. My little White Widow is starting to notice the crappy climate. Ive got the something blocking the fan in the filter slot to slow down the ventilation, but still stuck around 25-30% humidity. Has anyone had success with RAW Terracotta stones???

You can use a humidifier in the room just not close enough to cause condensation in the unit!
You can also add strip lights or turn your heat up! :seedling::eyes:

2 Likes

Temp at 77F w/ 24% humidty :confused: not sure if its safe to bump temp. Basement prone to humidity so room ambient has to be low. Grobo says not to put a humidifier within 10ft to not… void the warranty… for what that’s worth.

1 Like

1 Like

I keep my heat on 70* inside my house, whats your on?
but
As far as warranty goes that’s no longer a problem but just keep it away from the unit.
If you have fans on turn them off.:seedling::eyes:

1 Like

Mines on 70F as well. Going to try setting up moist paper towels and hanging them on the support cables I got from Grobo.

Make sure they dont drip inside the unit or on the plant.
To be honest I used to worry about temps the first grow and after that I never even used a meter anymore! If the humidity is ok for you it will usually work for the plant! :seedling::eyes:

2 Likes

I made sure to wring out what could drip. I’m a grower that cares just a little too much about VPD. If VPD can help me squeeze even an extra gram, I’ll stick to the chart like it’s a bible.

1 Like

If your plant starts to show any signs please repost! Its been my experience that stress makes for a better grow most times! :seedling::eyes:

2 Likes

Sure will! Thanks for the fast replies. :+1:

2 Likes

You can also try a small bowl of hot water sitting in the unit! :seedling::eyes:

2 Likes

I’ll report if the towels helped any when I wake up. I’ll also try the bowl when I wake up. All nighter not a smart choice when im working on Thurs :grimacing:

1 Like

I use this. Keeps it at 40% with 75-77 temps
PALANCHY Rechargeable Portable… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RRD2MJW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2 Likes

Try to get a small humidifier not to close to the Grobo something with a timer or something you can control the humidity and shuts of by its self

2 Likes

Not sure if I want to risk the electronics by putting something that large in the unit. Might have to eventually if I can’t find a solution.

2 Likes

How about placing a clear dome over the little one to raise the RH? You can spray the inside of the cup/dome with water before covering the seedling. Also be sure to place sticks at the bottom of the dome to allow a bit of air flow.

4 Likes

It doesn’t put out enough to do damage. It barely maintains 40% and it’s usb. Have a cord going through the back. I don’t think they come much smaller that work for what you want. :+1:t2::sunglasses: good luck

2 Likes