Manual Dosing Schedule For Grobo Nutrients

Hello All Growers,

Great to be a part of this forum!

I am hoping someone can help with some manual dosing scheduling for Grobo.

Got a bad EC probe. 2 week grow and the Grobo is already out of bottle 2 acidic which doesn’t seem right. Figure its time to manual feed this new grow.

Does anyone know what the manual dosing scheduling is?

Or any link available please?

Thank you very much in advance.

I was told by Grobo support when my box was not dosing to use 15ml of each Grobo bottle 3,4,&5 once a week after a drain and fill. Those are your nutrients.

Bottles 1 & 2 are for PHup & PH down. They do not get manually dosed, you would need to measure PH to know whether you needed to go up or down.

1 Like

Hello Craig,

Much appreciate your time to reply and help!

Life safer!

1 Like

You could buy other types of plant food I am using General hydroponics in the Grobo I just put water in the bottles and mix the nutrients in a bucket and then fill

1 Like

Hello Jim,

Thank you very much!

How much do you use per drain/fill?

People are having success using General Hydroponics, and its easy to find. But Grobo used Green Planets Duel Duel; if you want to be auto dosing; and not mixing, or worrying if your getting proper dosage, I would suggest using that. I have had 2 really good grows with it now.

Hi Shames, could you send us maybe a little more details on how you manage your grow with General hydroponics? I have had 4 grows with all Grobo nutes but the plants (different genetics) stay rather small (20-30cm) and do not seem to grow any meaningful buds, they stay tiny. Early vegetative phase is always fine but then the plant does not really grow beyond 20-40cm in height and seems to be unable to grow bigger buds. They are insanely small. I have been doing some grows outdoors and this always yields regular/normal results as you would expect. I think the Grobo is not mixing the hydroponic-solution properly / right. I have not altered anything else with the Grobo (ie no additional lights).

1 Like

I had the same issues @michi . Switching away from Grobo to Duel Fuel helped a little. But all my previous grows were seeds by ILGM.
My current grow is a bag seed from Marley Natural Blue Dream. It was hitting the lights, I had to bend 3 of the branches away from the Grobo ceiling, the buds were burning.

2 Likes

Thanks @crasch
I will try switching to different nutes in the next grow. I doubt it was the genetics as I had 10 beans of durban poison - outdoors they achieved great results whilst in the Grobo it was 4x a nightmare of next to no buds… maybe I got unlucky with the phenos but honestly, I doubt it. Can you show me some pictures of the yield you achieved with your Marley Natural Blue Dream? Bud density and consistency and weight? That’d be great!

Im still getting there, but I will share info when i get it. I am actually in the bud fattening stage now, and I am not seeing as much as I had hoped considering the height difference.

This was my last grobo grow and i got almost 3 oz out of it. All the seeds ive grown in grobo have touched the top. I also manually feed my plants cuz i dont trust that the grobo is working properly. All i need it to do is bubble and have a light cycle! Im sure if u manually dose ur self u will get better results.

3 Likes

thanks so much, all fingers crossed, looking forward to your results!

@Half-baked amazing results, great work man!! How did you do it? Could you let me know step by step by any chance how you mix, when and what and of course how you adjust the Grobo? thanks so much in advance

1 Like

I have only grown autoflower seeds so idk if this will help but this is how i do it…
Germinate seedling in water or napkin 2 to 3 days
See tap root put it in grobo
Follow normal grobo schedule til day 10 feed half nutrients that are recommended!
i pulled all bottles and tubes only left the fill and drain bubbler of course but thats it. Anyway… drain ur grobo into a bucket then get a bucket to mix 2 gallons of distilled water then add ur nutrients, mix it and ph it. After that put ur drain fill hose in bucket and fill. I dont check ph at all thru the weeks until flower cuz she will drink it up like crazy and u will not want to fudge it up around flowering!
So next week after that u will want to feed again on ur feed day but u should be good to go full strength on ur nutrients from then on.
Rinse and repeat til harvest.
i do autoflowers so i feed the same amount of nutrients all the way up til flower if u do photos u will have to find someone that can help with nutrient dosage. I’ll be glad to help if u need more info.

1 Like

@Half-baked thank you so much, amazing! I can obtain auto-flower seeds no problems :slight_smile: if there’s anyone that does photosensitive plants: maybe you could add a best-practice nutrition-mix :slight_smile:

Let me summarize your best practice @Half-baked :

1. Germinate seed + put into Grobo once tap root is developed
  2. Fill the grobo with distilled water + 50% of the nutes
  3. Let the grobo work in early veg-stage for 10 days
  4. on day 10 drain the Grobo and refill it with distilled water + nutes + pH adjustment
  5. add water if she drinks too much
  6. drain the Grobo every week and refill with the mix from step 4)
  7. harvest once ready

Questions:
to 1) do you still use a cocopod for this?
to 2) What is your mixing ratio? Do you use 1 gallon distilled water + 1/2 Grobo bottles of all nutes (grobo labeling bottle 1, bottle 2, bottle 3
to 4) What is your mixing ratio here? 2 Gallons of water + what? What is the target pH-value for the mix?

1 Like

Yea i still use coco pod. As far as mix i do 2 gallons of distilled water and i use general hydroponics nutes. So after first 10 days i do 2 ml micro per gal. 4 ml bloom per gal. and 2 ml cal mag per gal. if u need it i never used it. Then the next week on feed day and until flower i add 4 ml micro per gal. And 8 ml bloom per gal. I still follow the grobo schedule it gives for ur seed type just feed when its feed day. The key to getting ur plant to not over grow is training it to stay low and trim when it needs to be. I let my first grow just do its thing without my help and it was out of control! The last 1 did hit the top for me but barely.

Amazeballs, thank you so much! Let me summarize (maybe helpful for other people as well ;))
Is the below step by step correct @Half-baked ?

1. Germinate seed + put into Grobo with cocopod once tap root is developed

2. Fill the grobo with EARLY-VEG-MIX
    EARLY-VEG-MIX =
    1 gallon of distilled water

• 2ml MICRO (bottle 5 of Grobo = General Hydroponics’ FloraMicro 5-0-1)
  • 4ml BLOOM (bottle 4 of Grobo = General Hydroponics’ FloraBloom 0-5-4)
  1. Let the grobo work in early veg-stage for 10 days

2. on day 10 drain the Grobo and refill it with LATER-VEG-MIX
    LATER-VEG-MIX =
    1 gallon of distilled water

• 4ml MICRO (bottle 5 of Grobo = General Hydroponics’ FloraMicro 5-0-1)
  • 8ml BLOOM (bottle 4 of Grobo = General Hydroponics’ FloraBloom 0-5-4)
  1. add more LATER-VEG-MIX if she drinks too much

2. follow the Grobo-recipe for the strain-type (for example: drain the Grobo every week and refill with LATER-VEG-MIX); trim as needed

3. harvest once ready

1. Germinate seed + put into Grobo with cocopod once tap root is developed

2. Fill the grobo with
    2 gallons of distilled water no nutes til after 10 days

3. Let the grobo work in early veg-stage for 10 days

4. on day 10 drain the Grobo and refill it with LATER-VEG-MIX
    LATER-VEG-MIX =
    2 gallon of distilled water w/ 2 ml micro 4 ml bloom per gal

5. The next week til flush add 2 gallons distilled water and…

• 4ml MICRO (bottle 5 of Grobo = General Hydroponics’ FloraMicro 5-0-1)
  • 8ml BLOOM (bottle 4 of Grobo = General Hydroponics’ FloraBloom 0-5-4) per gallon
  1. follow the Grobo-recipe for the strain-type (for example: drain the Grobo every week and refill with LATER-VEG-MIX); trim as needed/ low stress training to stay lower in height
  2. harvest once ready
2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Truly a blesseing to have everyones imput here on this thread.

Many thanks to you all.

Cheers !!!

2 Likes

@michi - I got 58 grams off this last grow. That was with Duel Fuel and a bag seed of Blue Dream. It was actually my largest by almost double.

Its curing now, but as far as density and weight; I would say average. I have never really gotten dense buds from my Grobo.

2 Likes