Replacement Nutrients for the Grobo

Ok, then I could see how this will work with the auto system. Did you have to dilute it at all?

I’m trying Greenplanet Duel Fuel nutes and Botanicare CalMag for now, I already received the order.
But I think I will try General Hydroponics system next time. I can get it easier and cheaper here in NorCal.

2 Likes

No as I mentioned to a few people no dilution with the recipe I have listed with any bottles. :wink:

Mr.420 ;)
4 Likes

Hard to believe that there is not a warehouse full of Grobo supplies somewhere.
I have enough to finish my current grow (Afghani) in my 1 of 2 grobos. Sux my other Grobo is not in use.

1 Like

Adding my own nutes to grobo for now and I was wondering… should I still be feeding veg nutes in transition? I’m not there at the moment just didn’t know if transition was considered early flower or not.

3 Likes

Hi there,

I’ve really enjoyed using my Grobo and want to continue using the automatic dispenser. Per the other thread, I reviewed the MSDS for each of the following, and the chemical compositions are identical to the Grobo bottles 1-5 but need to be diluted:

Grobo bottle 1:
[pH Up - GreenPlanet Nutrients Canada]

Grobo bottle 2:
[pH Down - GreenPlanet Nutrients Canada]

Grobo bottles 3 & 4:
[Dual Fuel - GreenPlanet Nutrients Canada]

Grobo bottle 5:
[Pro Cal - GreenPlanet Nutrients Canada]

The Grobo MSDS can be found here:

Material Safety Data Sheets for Grobo Nutrients : Grobo Support Center

I tried to post the direct links to the MSDS to each of the above, but because I am a new poster it wouldn’t let me. But you can easily google each of the above to find the MSDS. If someone would let me post links, i could also edit my post to include them

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to determine the best dilution with distilled water to make it the same as the Grobo bottles? I’m fairly sure they used the same nutrients too, just diluted so they could use the recipes to distribute, and also sell it to us suckers for more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

By chance do you know what your EC or PPm is using these nutes? And what stage are you in if you know the EC or PPM

3 Likes

Unfortunately I do not know for my Grobo’s.

Mr.420 ;)
3 Likes

Thanks for the reply I was asking because was curious how strong or Weak the Total Ec is…

That would be a good base number to know to see if your on track… It wouldn’t confirm if the breakdown is correct but at least you will know if the base Ec is in line…

Just my thoughts out loud

4 Likes

i would assume the total EC would be on the high side :peace_symbol: as grobo dispenses more “ml” than the floraseries recommended

4 Likes

Your spot on what I was thinking.

4 Likes

This is what I use in my tent and I’m gonna use it when the grobo runs out.

3 Likes

Any advice what to put in my grobo start (the small incubator) nutrients for replacement?

1 Like

I still have mine brand new in the box, never used it yet. Unfortunately I don’t know too much about it yet.

Mr.420 ;)
1 Like

Seedlings can go many days without any nutrients actually nutrients a lot of times can cause more harm.

Something like this which is very mild take note to NPK valves is a nice start

1 Like

Good to know :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Good choice , probably the best available as a replacement

2 Likes

Thank you so much how very helpful.

4 Likes

Or you could use GreenPlanet. It is what Grobo watered down and sold to us.

2 Likes

Thank you Mr 420 :slight_smile:

One question, In France, I can get (FLORA GRO) [3]. -1-6. Do you know the difference with (FLORA GRO) [2] -1-6 ?

Regards,

lsd555

2 Likes

My Grobo App Just wont open!!! Was the update of the IOS the Guillotine for GROBO ???

1 Like