MANIFOLD Training Experiment (START - Skywalker OG)

MANIFOLD Training Experiment (START - Skywalker OG):

• plan to use this grow to experiment with manifold training :weight_lifting_man: for the 1st time as had an extra grow in the START with no permanent home :houses:

• this plant was a slow grow with some unhealthy fan leaves :sneezing_face: …added a teaspoon of hydroguard and cal mag during the past two weekly water changes which has helped the plant’s health appearance :stethoscope:

• let her grow to six (6) nodes…topped her and kept only the top two flower growth tips and fan leaves…completely removed all the bottom nodes below

• understood that a START is not the best place for a grow with high stress training but was just wanted to learn more about implementing this manifold training technique…i am exciting about the potential of what it can do to improve my grows…plan to tie down the new growth tips early next week…
10 Likes

Want to see the outcome of this grow

3 Likes

it should be interesting…i’m reading and learning about manifolding/mainlining as i go :slight_smile: …just worried that the grow won’t get strong :muscle: enough in the Start to complete the experiment

3 Likes

trying to avoid any potential damping off…

• peat pod was oversaturated and very wet despite a fan blowing…

• added a rolled up paper towel under the pod holder to increase height :straight_ruler: …the pod moisture :sweat_drops: reduced big time after a couple of paper towel replacement attempts…

• peat pod is lookin good for now :slight_smile:
4 Likes

Just want to make sure you removed the wick? Probably a silly question but just checking :wink:

2 Likes

no wick since day 5 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

upgraded :rofl: START to HELP out with the grow

• added a mini air pump :fuelpump:

• increase pod holder height :straight_ruler: more to keep peat pod dry on top

• 1/2 tank fill up with distilled :droplet:

• added hydroguard, cal mag, general hydroponic flora series and pH up :test_tube:

• provide 18 hours of light :sunglasses: per day

• added some tie down :necktie: :arrow_down: wire supports

• looking for the two main colas :leafy_green: to grow to four nodes before next manifold steps :scissors:

:crossed_fingers:t4: hoping for the best :grimacing: :grinning:

9 Likes

Day 41 update

11 Likes

The air pump is definitely helpful. I have two stones in my aerogarden and those plants LOVE it.

7 Likes

Day 44 update

8 Likes

Looks AWESOME!!!

5 Likes

thanks @FireGuy …she perked up fast after the heavy cuts

6 Likes

Day 52 update

• the 8 new main colas :seedling: have emerged from the top branches :leafy_green: …desired a “T” shape but :ok: with the current “Y” shape

• trying to keep the cola canopy even with continued use of garden wire and LST clips :paperclips:

• i see how the manifold training :weight_lifting_man: provides great cola spacing…the colas get an improved opportunity for better light :sunglasses: and air circulation :tornado:…i will be trying this method on my next tent :tent: grow

7 Likes

Why aren’t they still tied down? Just curious

1 Like

:fist_right:

You have my attention bud :smiley::+1:

Take a look :eyes: @ my recent AeroGarden Sprout posts :wink:

& Hopefully you could throw me a few tips :wink: :seedling::seedling::seedling:

2 Likes

Wrong person :flushed:!:flushed:!

My bag sorry m8 :+1:

Try that again :roll_eyes:

Too many Js :rofl::metal:

2 Likes
2 Likes

had her loose for a photo but she’s tied down again :slight_smile: …i was in the middle of adjusting the tie down locations…need to relocate every couple of days due to new growth…i like using the clips as they are easy to apply but some branches are already too large for the largest clips…gonna make sure my net pod lid has several secure tie down supports on it for my next bucket grow

6 Likes

shared my start nutrient use on your AeroGarden posts…best to you and your grow

2 Likes

Cant quite make out what you’ve used to stick the Mag Hooks to the plastic lid :thinking:?:flushed:?..

1 Like